AMD SeaMicro SM10000-XE Micro Server Achieves Red Hat Certification
Red Hat® Support for AMD SeaMicro Server Now Available when Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(PresseBox) (Boston, )Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2012 - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that Red Hat has certified the SeaMicro SM10000-XE(TM) server. The AMD team completed a rigorous process to achieve this hardware certification from Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions. Customers will now have the confidence of knowing these hardware systems are certified with, and are supported by, Red Hat when deployed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
"Customers can now be assured they will receive the best available support for their Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment running on the certified SeaMicro SM10000-XE server," said Andrew Feldman, general manager of AMD Data Center Server Solutions Group. "This certification is yet another example of how we are working closely with technology partners to provide the highest quality experience for our customers."
The SeaMicro SM10000-XE server is the highest-density, most energy-efficient system available, using half the power, one-third the space and delivering up to 12 times the bandwidth of today's best-in-class servers*. The system delivers 10 gigabits of network bandwidth to each socket for an industry leading 2.5 gigabits per core. Moreover, the SeaMicro SM10000-XE eliminates the need for expensive switches and load balancers and is plug-and-play, all in a single 10-RU system. The SeaMicro SM10000-XE enables accelerated deployments while providing outstanding performance for security and cloud environments.
The SM10000-XE is built around SeaMicro's Freedom(TM) Fabric ASIC-the industry's first second-generation fabric chip. The Freedom Fabric ASIC contains three key patented technologies:
- SeaMicro's Input/Output Virtualization Technology, which eliminates all but three components from SeaMicro's motherboard - CPU, DRAM, and the ASIC itself - thereby shrinking the motherboard helping to reduce power, cost and space;
- SeaMicro's TIO(TM) (Turn It Off) technology, which enables SeaMicro to further power-optimize the motherboard by consolidating functionality and turning off unneeded CPU and chipset functions. Together, SeaMicro's I/O Virtualization Technology and TIO technology produce small and power efficient motherboards;
- The Freedom Supercompute Fabric, which ties these small, power efficient motherboards together with an industry leading 1.28 terabits-per-second of bandwidth. The Freedom Supercompute Fabric is built of multiple Freedom ASICs working together to create a multi-dimensional torus - delivering a low latency, massive bandwidth fabric with exceptionally low power draw.
Red Hat launched the Red Hat Hardware Certification program in 1999. Working with its hardware partners, Red Hat-certified hardware solutions give customers the assurance that their hardware platforms have been tested and proven compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems. Utilizing Red Hat-certified hardware gives customers the confidence that Red Hat and hardware manufacturers will support hardware deployed in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- For more information about AMD Data Center Server Solutions Business and SeaMicro
- Learn more about the SeaMicro SM10000-XE server
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Follow us at www.facebook.com/amd
AMD GmbH Einsteinring 24 D-85609Dornach b. München