Mechatronics specialist to unveil several new products in Sinsheim from September 26 to 29, 2006
(PresseBox) (Igersheim, )WITTENSTEIN AG, a traditional exhibitor at MOTEK, will be returning to the Sinsheim Exhibition Centre to participate in this year's fair from September 26 to 29. South-West Germany's specialist for intelligent servo drive technology will once again be represented by three business units of the WITTENSTEIN Group in Hall 4, Stand 4404: - alpha getriebebau GmbH
- WITTENSTEIN motion control GmbH
- WITTENSTEIN cyber motor GmbH
Several new and improved products will be presented and demonstrated at the joint MOTEK stand as the logical outcome of a coherent platform comprising intelligent mechatronic drive systems and a blend of micro and macro technologies.
At a glance: The exhibitors and their products
1. alpha getriebebau GmbH
With its innovative, low-backlash planetary and hypoid gearheads, Igersheim-based alpha pursues a long-term strategy. Customers benefit from top-quality, professional consulting, backed up by the specially developed cymex® sizing software, as a foundation for planning and investment security. Worldwide support is pledged through a network of regional offices, production plants, service centres and agents on all five continents.
The following focal topics will be highlighted by alpha at MOTEK 2006:
- Now complete: the alpha hypoid gearhead series! The introduction of the SPK+ and TPK+ servo right-angle gearheads completes alpha's successful hypoid gearhead family. These two gearhead types each have a hypoid gearset at the input and a low-backlash planetary gearhead at the output. The HG+, SK+ and TK+ gearhead types are equipped with a hypoid stage at the output, facilitating a flat design that saves valuable space. The model diversity (HG+ with hollow shaft, TK+ with flange and hollow shaft, SK+ with solid shaft) results in a unique breadth of novel solutions. This alliance of a hypoid and a planetary gearhead promises unparalleled performance in an integrated package crammed with practical new features that will benefit machine builders everywhere. alpha is thus the first manufacturer anywhere in the world to launch an innovative hypoid/planetary gearhead series that is capable of mastering even the most challenging servo applications.
- New: alpha now offers mechanical system solutions for rack-and-pinions, coupling connections and spindles. The know-how entrenched in the alpha technology manifests itself to potential customers in the form of a practical building block system, from which each user can assemble a module that is exactly tailored to their individual needs. The system philosophy is aptly illustrated by the alpha couplings: alpha manufactures a complete range of backlash-free metal bellows (for torques up to 10,000 Nm) and safety couplings (up to 1500 Nm) that arouse attention with a shared set of advantages: zero backlash, torsional stiffness, large offset with low resetting forces and freedom from maintenance. In short, alpha is capable of supplying the optimum coupling for any servo application!
- Intelligent gearhead systems: The alpha gearheads in the SP+ (SP), TP+ (TP) and alpheno® series have been enhanced with sensor technology to allow key process variables to be measured in standard machines: smart alpha IQ® planetary gearheads measure and monitor torques, radial forces, speed or temperature. By repairing components individually as the need arises, machine downtime can be dramatically reduced. Each sensor gearhead is fully compatible - both mechanically and geometrically - with all standard alpha SP+ and TP+ products and boasts the same impressive characteristics when it comes to positioning accuracy, synchronism, smooth running, etc.
2. WITTENSTEIN motion control GmbH
WITTENSTEIN motion control's main focus is on servo actuators and servo systems with a reputation for extraordinarily high power density, taking account of the five drive components (motor, precision gearhead, electronics, sensor technology and software).
- TPM: A large-scale integrated rotary actuator. The size of this compact unit is less than half that of conventional motor/gearhead combinations because the pinion is directly integrated in the motor shaft. The miniature, lightweight TPM (the TPM 004 weighs in at just 2.4 kg) enjoys a clear competitive edge whenever installation space is limited. It defines new benchmarks in terms of precision, dynamic response, power density and compactness. TPM is consequently ideal for use in woodworking machines or machine tools, for driving metering pumps, as a part-turn actuator for semiconductor production or as an actuator in robot painting plants. A new TPM variant will be exhibited at MOTEK 2006: TPM ex - an explosion-proof Category 2 actuator offering increased safety and gas protection - is designed for use in hazardous areas.
- Ternary: An all-in-one linear system that for the first time unites precision mechanics, electronics and integrated control in a single package. This system allows multiple positions to be controlled with utmost precision, yet costs very little. A linear or rotary Ternary unit (TLSA/TRSA) consists of a gear cylinder and a motor. Ternary stands the test in all situations where a conventional pneumatic cylinder is not enough. And if highly complex positioning tasks are involved, Ternary is also recommended. WITTENSTEIN motion control will show the Ternary BLM with an integrated servo motor at MOTEK 2006.
3. WITTENSTEIN cyber motor GmbH
Perfection in motor technology: this innovative company of the WITTENSTEIN Group manufactures miniaturised, heavy-duty AC servo drives with proven brushless technology. Its cyber motors are distinguished by high dynamics, maximum power density, a long service life and outstanding efficiency. WCM sets new standards in the field of miniature drives whenever demanding power requirements have to be reconciled with restricted space availability, for example in the aerospace sector, robot systems, the semiconductor, packaging and woodworking industries, medical technology or pharmaceuticals.
WCM developed the MSSI series of high-performance AC servo drives for extreme requirements. MSSI motors are designed for insulation classes F to C, in other words for temperatures up to 300°C. Radioactivity and high-vacuum applications are no problem. In tandem with various controller systems to ensure the shortest possible positioning and control times, these motors form highly dynamic drives with an unprecedented efficiency of up to 96%.
- MSSI 017 torque motor: In January 2006, engineers at WCM once again raised the benchmark for miniature AC servo motors. A torque motor with a diameter of just 17 mm was successfully developed in-house. This motor is used as a direct drive for high-precision positioning tasks, for instance in the semiconductor and automation industries. With its awe-inspiring power density, the 8-pole version of this muscle-packed machine transports customer applications to new levels of speed and dynamics. The proven multi-pole variant rounds off WCM's existing series at the low end. WCM can also supply customised solutions for this sector, for example by embedding the active motor elements in the application for local drive tasks.
- AMSI linear actuator: The AMSI series from WCM are highly dynamic linear actuators. Controlled application of forces in a building block system up to a maximum of 15 kN is possible in assembly and testing processes thanks to the integrated ball screw or optional planetary screw. The principal focus is invariably the customer's application, which serves as a basis for calculating the cycle and the resulting service life. This concept ensures that the actuator is always optimised for the process and never over- or undersized. All actuators feature special bearing technology as an additional advantage. Radial forces are completely absorbed, so that the only impact on service life is from the axial forces for the ball or planetary spindle. In addition, WCM's tried-and-tested multi-pole AC servo motor technology guarantees operation of all actuators with optimum efficiency and low housing temperatures. Many applications in this area are customer-tailored solutions evolved jointly by WCM engineers and the client.
WITTENSTEIN SE Walter-Wittenstein-Straße 1 D-97999Igersheim