Latest Release of MEDUSA4 Focuses on New P&ID Module, and GUI Enhancements for Usability and Flexibility in Design
(PresseBox) (Moers, )CAD Schroer Group (CSG), the global engineering solutions provider, today announced the release of version 2.2 of its renowned MEDUSA4 Design Automation Suite. True to earlier announcements to its customer base, version 2.2 introduces the revamped P&ID module, now as a Fourth Generation product, along with productivity enhancements in MEDUSA4 2D and the MPDS4 user interface.
“The key words to describe the latest release include usability and intuitive design,” explains MEDUSA4 Product Manager Mark Simpson. “In addition to the new P&ID module, time-saving GUI enhancements in MPDS4, and some great extensions to our ground-breaking SMART Edit tool, customers will be especially pleased to see that we now offer a raster product with full colour support - an even better way to integrate legacy drawings and other images into MEDUSA4 designs.”
The Fourth Generation of the globally renowned MEDUSA engineering product suite offers superior design automation within a highly flexible systems environment. Its powerful software tools were developed to work the way engineers do, helping companies get product to market faster, and designs to customers quicker and more efficiently.
What’s New in MEDUSA4 Version 2.2?
New in MEDUSA4 2D
- P&ID Module now ported to MEDUSA4 technology
- New MEDRaster Colour™ module for full colour raster support
- SMART Edit now with non-orthogonal geometry support
- New sheet and symbol preview functionality
- New User Attribute Manager
- Personalised layer management
- AutoCAD® 2006 and AutoCAD® 2007 support
- New installation tool on all platforms
MPDS4 GUI Enhancements: Focus on Usability and Intuitive Design
- New MPDS4 dashboard
- New MPDS4 selection mechanism
- Improved MPDS4 component rendering
- New MPDS4 catalog utility
New in MPDS4 Engineering Review Module
- New MPDS4 Engineering Review Movie Player
“Customer loyalty is one of our hallmarks,” explains Michael Schroer, the company’s Founding Director. “We work hard to retain that loyalty by offering customers a sound partnership based on engineering know-how, and constant proof – by way of regular software updates and releases with innovative cost-saving productivity tools – that their maintenance money is well-spent.”