Novell Showcases Identity and Security Management Solutions at HP Software Universe Conference
Novell to demonstrate leading identity and security management solutions as part of its HP customer migration program
(PresseBox) (LAS VEGAS (HP Software Universe), )Novell today announced its participation in the 2008 HP Software Universe conference, booth 251, June 16 * 19 at The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas. Through demonstrations and presentations, customers will learn how enterprises can mitigate risk and meet compliance mandates with Novell(R) identity and security management solutions.
Novell's participation at HP Software Universe builds on the recently announced exclusive program between the companies, which provides Novell identity and security management solutions to HP Identity Center customers with license credit from Novell, and joint services from both companies.
"Novell has been a well established identity and access management solutions provider and HP's decision to partner with Novell is seen as a positive strategic move in a crowded marketplace," said Irida Xheneti, research analyst for Security Services and Identity Management at IDC. "Through this alliance, HP will be able to focus on the services business, while their identity and access management product customers will be able to take advantage of Novell's well established identity and security management solutions, as well as their wide partner ecosystem. For the customers that choose to opt out of the migration, they will continue to be supported by HP."
Award-winning Identity and Security Management Solutions At HP Software Universe, Novell will be demonstrating its integrated portfolio of identity and security management solutions, which recently won the Best Security Solution category for the 2008 CODiE Awards, an annual program of the Software Industry and Information Association (SIIA) that recognizes achievement and vision in the software industry. With 6,000 customers worldwide and a robust ecosystem of partners, Novell identity and security management solutions help enterprises defend against increasing security threats and meet compliance in a complex and heterogeneous IT environment.
Products being demonstrated at HP Software Universe, include:
- Novell Identity Manager: Provides automated user provisioning and password management, and simplifies the process of managing identity information across the enterprise.
- Novell Sentinel: Offers an enterprise-wide view of critical network, application and user events that can affect an organization's security and compliance status. Novell Sentinel(TM) automates the monitoring of IT controls for effectiveness, so threats can be detected and resolved in real-time.
- Novell Access Manager: Provides Web single sign-on and other advanced capabilities, including standards-based identity federation, multi-factor authentication, data encryption and an SSL VPN for local and remote users. Novell Access Manager(TM) also includes native support for a broad range of platforms and directory services to provide a single, centralized secure access management solution for the enterprise.
- Novell Secure Login: Provides users with a single, secure login to authenticate to corporate resources, eliminating the need to manage multiple passwords and reducing helpdesk calls.
Novell Identity and Security Experts
Novell experts will be delivering presentations on identity management and compliance. Details are as follows:
- Identity on demand: On Thursday, June 19 at 8:30 a.m. in Bellini 2005-2006, Andy Eliopolous, director of Product Marketing for identity and security at Novell, will present on how enterprises can overcome dependency on a specific identity infrastructure and allow line-of-business owners to play a more prominent role in security and compliance success.
- Proven compliance: On Thursday, June 19 at 3:45 p.m. in Bellini 2005-2006, Nick Nikols, vice president of Product Management for identity and security at Novell, will discuss how implementing identity and security management is one of the core steps in achieving a long-term, sustainable strategy for regulatory and audit compliance.
"HP Software Universe gives us a great opportunity to present our integrated portfolio of identity and security management solutions directly to HP customers and partners," said Jim Ebzery, senior vice president and general manager of Identity and Security Management at Novell. "In light of our recent exclusive alliance with HP, we consider this to be a crucial venue for extending the reach of the Novell migration program for HP customers."