International press kit: Reveal of the new BMW 7 Series
(PresseBox) (München, ).
- Page 3: Description in Brief
- Page 11: The Most Innovative Rendition of Luxury and Dynamic Performance: The new BMW 7 Series
- Page 97: Speciifications
- Page 106: Power and Torque Diagrams
- Page 109: Exterior and Interior Dimensions
- Page 116: Legend
Description in Brief.
- Fifth generation of the BMW 7 Series - a brand-new interpretation of style, luxury and driving experience. Entering the market with three engine variants: BMW 750i, BMW 740i, and BMW 730d. Additional body variants of this luxury saloon in the guise of the BMW 750Li and BMW 740Li, with wheelbase extended by 140 millimetres (5.5") and particular focus on extra comfort at the rear.
- Design of the new BMW 7 Series standing for natural presence, superior sportiness and precise elegance. The features of the car are authentically visualised through its modern, progressive look, with a brand-new range of engines ensuring BMW EfficientDynamics of the highest standard. Lightweight engineering and innovative suspension technology ensure dynamic driving qualities quite unique in the luxury class. Driver assistance systems and comfort functions exclusive to BMW set the foundation for a truly fascinating driving experience.
- An unmistakable, superior look bears out the sporting character so typical of BMW in its most elegant form. Through design features such as the car's dynamic proportions, the low and stretched side view, sculptured surfaces, the BMW kidney grille standing for modern style, the large, upright and low-slung BMW kidney grille and horizontally accentuated lines at the rear emphasising the sheer power and width of the car, this luxury saloon offers unique, unparalleled character.
- Through its interior design, the BMW 7 Series is a particularly modern rendition of pure luxury. The innovative interior concept with clearly structured arrangement of driving and comfort functions ensures added superiority. The ambience is exclusive, sophisticated and, in particular, inviting. Gently swinging shapes, high-quality materials as well as enhanced space and comfort give the interior its harmonious, generous and luxurious impression. The driver-oriented cockpit with its special display in innovative Black Panel technology, the electronic selector lever on the automatic transmission featured as standard on the centre console in the immediate vicinity of the Dynamic Driving Control unit and BMW iDrive control, as well as the multifunction steering wheel with an extended range of functions guarantee an unprecedented driving experience.
- New generation of BMW's trendsetting iDrive control system: 10.2-inch display, high-resolution graphic presentation, optimised menu structure, new iDrive Controller for the selection and management of functions by turning, pressing and tipping, direct selection buttons and, for the first time, freely programmable favourite buttons for even more intuitive control and operation. Function optimised navigation systems, audio system with hard disc memory. World debut of BMW ConnectedDrive offering unrestricted access to the internet through the car's display as an option.
- Brand-new range of engines: V8 petrol engine with Twin Turbo technology and direct fuel injection (High Precision Injection) at the top of the range (300 kW/407 hp), power-optimised straight-six with Twin Turbo and High Precision Injection (240 kW/326 hp), newly developed straight-six diesel with turbocharger and third-generation common rail fuel injection (180 kW/245 hp). All engine variants with extremely low fuel consumption and emissions for a car in this segment.
- Six-speed automatic transmission with optimised gearshift dynamics featured as standard on all engine variants, faster gearshift, improved shift comfort, reduced fuel consumption, and electronic gear selector.
- All-round lightweight concept as an additional contribution to BMW EfficientDynamics: Use of multi-phase steel and heat-formed steel profiles in the body structures. Roof, doors, front lid and side panels made of aluminium, aluminium pressure-cast spring supports at the front, final drive with aluminium housing, all power units with aluminium crankcase.
- All-new suspension optimising both driving dynamics and, in particular, motoring comfort: First BMW Saloon with doublearm front axle, integral V rear axle exclusive to BMW, front and rear axles made largely of aluminium. Air suspension at the rear standard on the BMW 750Li and BMW 740Li. Hydraulic rack-and-pinion steering with on-demand steering assistance pump. World debut: Integral Active Steering as a symbiosis of Active Steering on the front axle and speed-related rear wheel steering as an option.
- Innovative Dynamic Damping Control including Dynamic Driving Control featured as standard. The dampers, gearshift dynamics, as well as the gas pedal and steering assistance map are varied by the Dynamic Driving Control button on the centre console for the stages COMFORT, NORMAL, and SPORTS. Special traction mode and SPORTS+ setting with reduced/deactivated DSC control for a particularly sporting style of motoring. Dynamic drive, anti-sway control available as an option.
- Unique combination of innovative driver assistance systems in the luxury class (optional): Cruise control with Stop & Go, Lane Departure Warning including speed limit indicator, Lane Change Warning, Head-Up Display, High-Beam Assistant, BMW Night Vision for the first time with detection of individual persons, Side View, back-up camera.
- Maximum occupant protection ensured by optimised body structure in conjunction with comprehensive, interacting and electronically controlled passive safety systems, three-point inertia-reel seat belts on all seats, side airbags and head airbags at the side, crash activated headrests at the front, runflat tyres, tyre defect indicator. Bi-xenon dual headlights including a daytime lights function, foglamps and two-stage brake lights featured as standard, Adaptive Headlights with variable light distribution and Bending Lights as an option. Enhanced automatic emergency call function on BMW ConnectedDrive as a further option.
- Wide range of comfort functions and innovative entertainment options: audio system with hard disc memory, AUX-in sleeve featured as standard. USB port, multi-channel audio system, DAB double tuner, DVD system at the rear, iDrive Controller for operating entertainment, telecommunication and navigation functions from the rear seats, four-zone automatic air conditioning, active seat ventilation, massage seats, innovative, contoured sliding roof optimised for noise control and design, online and telematics services provided by BMW ConnectedDrive (BMW Online, BMW Assist, BMW TeleServices) as an option, Integrated Owner's Manual featured as standard.
Range of engines:
BMW 750i: V8 petrol engine with Twin Turbo and direct fuel injection (High Precision Injection)
Capacity: 4,395 cc
max output: 300 kW/407 hp from 5,500–6,400 rpm
max torque: 600 Nm/442 lb-ft from 1,750–4,500 rpm
0–100 km/h: 5.2 s (BMW 750Li: 5.3 s)
Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph)
consumption to EU
standard: 11.4 l/100 km (24.8 mpg imp)
(BMW 750Li: 11.4 l/100 km)
to EU standard: 266 g/km (BMW 750Li: 266 g/km)
BMW 740i: Straight-six petrol engine with Twin Turbo and direct fuel
injection (High Precision Injection)
Capacity: 2,979 cc
Max output: 240 kW/326 hp at 5,800 rpm
Max torque: 450 Nm/332 lb-ft from 1,500–4,500 rpm
0–100 km/h: 5.9 s (BMW 740Li: 6.0 s)
Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph)
consumption to EU
standard: 9.9 l/100 km (28.5 mpg imp)
(BMW 740Li: 10.0 l/100 km [28.2 mpg imp])
to EU standard: 232 g/km (BMW 740Li: 235 g/km)
BMW 730d: Straight-six diesel engine with turbocharger (variable turbine geometry) and third-generation common-rail direct fuel injection
Capacity: 2,993 cc
Max output: 180 kW/245 hp at 4,000 rpm
Max torque: 540 Nm/398 lb-ft from 1,750–3,000 rpm
0–100 km/h: 7.2 s
Top speed: 245 km/h (152 mph)
consumption to EU
standard: 7.2 l/100 km (39.2 mpg imp)
CO2 emissions to
EU standard: 192 g/km