Startupbootcamp Dublin - Countdown to Demo Day Commences!
(PresseBox) (Dublin, )Startupbootcamp Dublin, the pan European start-up accelerator programme, announced the ten finalists for its Inaugural Investor Demo Day, which takes place next month on 16 May, at Startupbootcamp HQ in Dublin's thriving tech hub on Barrow Street.
One of Europe's top startup accelerators, Startupbootcamp is dedicated to supporting the next generation of start-ups into success stories. The top 10 teams were selected from over 150 Irish and international applications, and include; smart medical technology for doctors on the go; an app to enhance road safety and technology to track traceability of perishable produce across the entire agricultural distribution chain.
Each team is receiving mentoring from world-class industry experts, micro investment of €12,000, access to a network of over 300 investors from across Europe as well as 6 months of co-working space.
The three-month programme will culminate on Investor Demo Day on 16 May, where teams will showcase to over 200+ investors and mentors to secure follow-on investment.
The 10 finalist start-ups include:
- Adfaces (Israel & Poland): Web platform for SME businesses to advertise affordably and easily on any outdoor media.
- CleverMiles (Ireland): System enhancing road safety and saving lives through a 3-part strategy of driver monitoring, driver education and a system of incentives.
- Easyprove (Lithuania): Software to replace spreadsheets in key processes such as purchase orders and invoice approvals for multidivisional SMEs.
- Getbulb (Ireland): Transforms complex data into clear pictures, without the limitations of pre-defined styles of a typical spreadsheet.
- MavenHut (Romania): Casual, skill-based games, which can be monetized through one-on-one wagers, and tournament play.
- NotesFirst (USA): Secure tablet for doctors to capture and recall patient data 'on-the-go'.
- Opara (Brazil): Increases traceability of perishable produce across the entire chain of agricultural distribution.
- Outline (Ireland): Mines inboxes for tasks, questions and commitments and provides managers with complete transparency over emails, tasks and actions across their entire team.
- Pombai (USA & China): A marketplace that allows businesses and individuals to buy or sell tickets for regional passenger transport in countries off the beaten track.
- Skynet (Ireland): Turning paper-based drilling data into corporate value for the oil and gas industry.
Eoghan Jennings Startupbootcamp Dublin MD says; "Our mentor-based programme offers huge value through close interaction with our world-class mentors who are serial entrepreneurs and experts within their fields. Our Dublin programme attracted huge volumes of world-class start-ups willing to drop everything to relocate and become part of the growing Dublin tribe of successful global innovators. Irelands mix of public and private sources means there is more seed funding available than else where in Europe."
Microsoft® BizSpark® is a global program that helps software startups succeed by giving them access to software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, and providing marketing visibility. The program also includes access to Windows Azure, a flexible, comprehensive, and powerful cloud platform for the creation of web applications and services. In addition, BizSpark offers technical support, business training and a network of over 2,000 partners to connect members with incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies and hosters. Since it was established in 2008, more than 50,000 companies in over 100 countries have joined BizSpark.
Startupbootcamp Amsterdam 2012 B.V Simon Carmiggeltstraat 6 NL-1011BJAmsterdam