Vela Solaris releases Polysun 5.9: a comprehensive and user-friendly design tool for solar thermal and photovoltaic systems
In the new 5.9 release, the Polysun software includes products from over 1,000 manufacturers. This makes Polysun the most comprehensive, regularly updated and expanded database on the market.
(PresseBox) (Winterthur, )As an additional feature, the software provides instant access to accurate weather data for any site worldwide; this allows the user great flexibility, fast data access and accurate simulation reports in only a matter of minutes.
With the new 5.9 version, the Polysun product database was further expanded to include a total of 1,096 manufacturers. Regularly updated and accurately checked catalogs are an important part of Polysun, making data input easier for the user. Certified data from internationally approved testing institutes are a guarantee for accurate simulations.
The catalogs include 1,074 collectors for the U.S. market (2,582 for the European market), 43,621 PV-modules, 6,194 inverters as well as 665 heat pumps allowing quick, accurate design.
Worldwide weather data from 8,300 weather stations are provided for all Polysun licenses. An online map makes it possible to design and calculate solar systems in any location worldwide as weather data from the surrounding stations are accurately interpolated for the selected site; so there is no longer any need to purchase additional weather data.
Polysun Designer with improved user-friendliness
The user manual was enhanced with a new 6 page section dedicated to working with Polysun Designer. This provides you with additional documentation as well as useful tips for your daily usage of this unique software. Of course, our experienced engineers will be happy to give you an overview of any details required to design and calculate with Polysun. Our “webinars“ give you the chance to interactively participate in the training online saving you any travel expenses.
What our customers say
Stefan Brändle, CEO of SunLaser Consulting GmbH:
«Polysun provides the accuracy and flexibility required to run sophisticated system simulations.»
Dr. Wolfgang Guggenberger, Management Sonnenkraft GmbH:
«The interaction of heat pump, auxiliary heating, solar collectors, buffer tank and control features can dramatically enhance the results provided by your heating system. Simulation calculations carried out with Polysun ensure for the customer that the calculated annual performance factor and power consumption figures are accurate and reliable.»
For more information on Vela Solaris and the Polysun product range, please visit www.velasolaris.com.
Release Polysun 5.9 – A brief overview of the new features
New developments for all Polysun versions
• More suggestions for inverter setup in PV fields with a low number of modules
• Only single, two or three-phase inverters are suggested according to PV field output. This feature can be switched on and off in the settings.
• A new column for the galvanic separation in the model catalogue
• Better default module temperatures in the wizard with American units
New developments for Polysun Photovoltaics
• Improved Polysun PV reports: certain diagrams only appear when actually needed; for example, Etot was removed from all reports.
• Photovoltaics Reactive Power: as a new feature, the power ratio calculation in the wizard also takes into account the reactive power. This enables to define the cos phi value. Reactive and apparent power are shown in both results and reports.
New developments for Polysun solar thermal and heat pumps
• The gross heat gain table for all Solar Key Mark certified flat-plate collectors shows heat gains at different fixed medium temperatures.
• For the financial analysis, the feed-in tariff is now also available for solar thermal energy.
• User manual: the “Controller“ chapter was revised, a new chapter 6, “Tips and Tricks to work with Designer“, was added; economic viability was updated (UK renewable heat incentive)
New catalog and database updates (for the Professional version and above)
• The PV module database from Photon was updated to the latest version
• New inverters from the Photon database (worldwide)
• Solar thermal collectors from the Solar Keymark database (Europe)
• Solar thermal collectors from the SPF database (Europe)
• SRCC OG 100 certified solar thermal collectors (North America)
• Bosch USA heat pumps
• Stiebel Eltron tanks
• The Updater dialog box allows now to directly close Polysun and start the Updater in case an update is available. A new menu item (“Check for software updates“) was added to the menu “Options”.
• The Online Maps feature now also works through a proxy server.
Many of the upper limits were increased to allow for the calculation of larger systems, i.e. the increase of the loop volume value allows larger swimming-pools to be calculated.
Vela Solaris AG Stadthausstrasse 125 CH-8400Winterthur