(PresseBox) (Koeln, )The sx-domain is the new country code Top Level Domain of the new autonomous country of Sint Maarten.
Sint Maarten is the “Dutch Part” of the island of Saint Martin established in 1648. Sint Maarten is one of four constituent territories that are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The Internet Assigned Names Authority (IANA) has delegated the sx-domain to Sint Maarten following a decision of the ICANN Board.
In order to protect all stakeholders effectively, the registration process of sx-domains will proceed in phases as follows :
1. A Grandfather Period to protect Sint Maarten holders of .AN domain names – ongoing until May 2nd 2012.
2. A Sunrise Period to protect trademark holders – from May 3rd to July 4th 2012.
3. Local Sint Maarten corporate and personal priority periods – from July 5th to September 4th 2012.
4. A Landrush Period – from September 5th 2012 to October 4th 2012
5. And the General Availability Period when anyone will be able to register sx-domains – starting October 5th 2012
Local presence on the island of Sint Maarten is not required for registering sx-domains, except for Phase 1 and 3.