Two New NI CompactRIO Expansion Chassis Help Engineers Create Customizable Monitoring and Control Systems
(PresseBox) (Austin, Texas, )News Highlights
- CompactRIO expansion chassis now include two new options that offer connectivity to industrial sensors through NI C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O modules.
- The 8-slot NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO expansion chassis is designed for applications that require high channel counts, increased throughput, and custom signal processing and control, such as rapid control prototyping, hardware-in-the-loop test and complex research applications.
- The 4-slot NI 9146 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis helps engineers easily add C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O to any PC or Ethernet network and is ideal for cost- and time-sensitive distributed monitoring or control applications.
National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today released the 8-slot NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO expansion chassis and the 4-slot NI 9146 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis. CompactRIO expansion chassis scale the breadth of the C Series platform to applications requiring hundreds or even thousands of I/O channels. Engineers can gain full control of the field-programmable gate array (FPGA) capabilities inside both chassis using the NI LabVIEW FPGA Module, which enables custom inline processing, closed-loop control, synchronization, and custom timing and triggering.
"The performance, customization, and expansion potential of the CompactRIO platform makes it an excellent long-term, scalable investment," said Albion W. Knight IV, president of Green Mountain Research, who is using CompactRIO and the MXI-Express RIO expansion system to create a next-
NI 9154 Features
- High-throughput MXI-Express x1 interface for 200 MB/s multichassis streaming bandwidth
- Access to thousands of I/O channels from a single controller by daisy chaining multiple CompactRIO devices, NI PXI chassis, NI industrial controllers or PCs
- Support for up to eight C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O modules, enabling direct connectivity to any sensor on any bus
NI 9146 Features
- Simplified software experience, which helps engineers seamlessly add distributed monitoring and control to any Ethernet network
- Instant access to FPGA-enabled I/O using LabVIEW from any Windows PC or LabVIEW Real-Time controller
- Diagnostic and auto-configuration features that simplify installation, operation and maintenance
- Low power consumption, quick startup times and rugged industrial construction