More efficiency for the "Smart Factory" with ZeroClient via PCoIP
Be more sustainable, cost effective, and resource saving with the new ZeroClient solution by CRE Rösler Electronic GmbH/ New opportunities can be found for a networked factory
(PresseBox) (Hohenlockstedt, )The trends of the fourth industrial age are: virtualisation and networking. To successfully meet the demands of the industry 4.0, a role transition in many business areas is necessary. An increasing number of businesses are aiming for an ideal "paperless factory". Cost efficiency and environmental aspects are no longer the only determining factors. Security and maintenance play a far more important role when deciding in favour of a "smart factory".
Implementation for a successful result
An efficient and manageable data structure can be achieved with a quality management system integrated into the production process. Data can be stored and accessed through a central server. Like this, information about a production stage can be accessed directly by the relevant employee. Such a server solution ensures that information is always up to date. With the size of data networks and the number of connected computers, it becomes increasingly important to have a centralised IT infrastructure. In particular, the new ZeroClient solution by CRE Rösler Electronic GmbH provides new opportunities for a networked factory.
Sustainable, cost effective, and resource saving
The new development by CRE Rösler Electronic is a ZeroClient implemented in the industry monitor, which connects to the server using PCoIP. This solution offers excellent graphic performance and exceptional ease of use, even with HD video or 3D graphic applications. Process values are displayed immediately and commands are transmitted instantly.
ZeroClient belongs to the category of ThinClients. In this case, it is a server-based technology. Here, the keyword is virtualisation. With this technology, servers that were previously physically separate can be combined on one server, with optimum distribution of processing power.
The PCoIP technology is the link between central computer servers and data storage as well as non-centralized operating units or mobile workspaces. Local CPU power is no longer a necessity since both the software and output image can be transferred by the central server to PCoIP enabled devices.
For an operator, there is no difference between working with a local computer and working with a ZeroClient, which receives the computer output via PCoIP and displays it on their monitor.
Advantages of using ZeroClients:
- Less expensive hardware
- Hardware-independent software
- Electric and environmental cost savings
- Faster integration into company network
- Low security risk
- Platform independence
- Maximum utilisation of servers through virtual linkage
- Better scalability of server (Demand <-> Performance)
- License savings due to availability of client pools
- No panel PC maintenance and care necessary
- Upgrades only need to be made at back-end server
- Efficient, centralised management
- Also suitable for use with mobile devices
Applications for ZeroClient via PCoIP
This innovation by CRE Rösler can be implemented on all industry monitors. This means that there is a wide range of products for its use.
Thanks to the flexibility of modular PC systems, adequate and cost-efficient hardware can be made available for all industry applications.
The optimum performance offers high capacity with reserves for tomorrow's software.
- 15", 19", 21.5", and 24" displays
- Long-term availability
- Security of investments due to upgrade capability
- Scratch and shock proof multi-touch
- Housing and touch-glass conform to IP65 / IP69K
- Weight of only 6 kg - 14 kg
- Sleek, fanless design
- 230 V / 24V DC voltage
- VESA mount, 100 x 100 mm, Optional quick change attachment "QuickLock"
- Optional: 2D scanner, RFID reader, Bluetooth
- Maximum availability class 5 (optional with QuickLock)
Refined operating concepts with maximum flexibility is the long-established focus of CRE Rösler Electronic.