DECTRIS Ltd. announces new MYTHEN2 X microstrip X-ray detectors for dynamic synchrotron applications
(PresseBox) (Baden, )DECTRIS Ltd. today announced its new generation of high-performance microstrip X-ray detectors, MYTHEN2 X for synchrotron applications.
The new MYTHEN2 X series combines unprecedented frame rates with supreme signal-to-noise ratios over an extended energy range.
Its compact profile and symmetric module design enables maximum flexibility in integration of single or multi-modular systems in a wide range of diffractometer geometries.
"The high speed and space-saving design of the new MYTHEN2 X series makes it an excellent choice for time-resolved experiments. The energy and application range is further extended due to the availability of models with shorter strip length or thicker sensors. I am pleased that the redesign allows us to offer MYTHEN2 X detectors at very attractive prices", said Stefan Brandstetter, Ph.D., Product Manager Synchrotron at DECTRIS Ltd.
Features of the new MYTHEN2 X microstrip X-ray detectors include:
- Unprecedented speed: Frame rates of 1000 Hz at highest dynamic range (24-bit) with up to 4 modules open up new horizons in time-resolved applications. - The world's smallest commercially available strip width: MYTHEN2 X detectors feature a strip width of 50 µm, with a point-spread function of only one strip. Three thicknesses (320, 450, and 1000 µm) and two lengths (4 and 8 mm) cover the needs of all X-ray diffraction and scattering techniques. - Optimal signal-to-noise ratios at low X-ray energies: Energies as low as 4 keV are supported with specific sensor geometry (sensor thickness of 320 μm and 4 mm strip length). - Maximum sensitive area and resolution for all X-ray analyses in the standard 8 mm length. Combined with a 1000 µm sensor and MYTHEN's renowned resolution, it brings more accuracy to PDF calculations. - Two compact, symmetric module geometries for easy integration, including a redesigned 1280 strip module with MYTHEN2 X 1K, and a 640 strip module with MYTHEN2 X 1D. - Wide angular coverage is made possible by the new Detector Control System (DCS4). Up to four modules can be arranged in any geometry and operated at 1000 Hz for ultimate throughput and advanced time-resolved studies. - Flexible integration and control is available through a socket connection or a spec interface. Alternatively, an intuitive web interface can also be used to control the detector.
Applications of the new MYTHEN2 X series include:
- Time-resolved experiments
- X-ray powder diffraction and scattering techniques
- Residual stress measurements
- Thin film and texture analysis
- PDF analysis
- SAXS, WAXS, GISAXS
- Dispersive fluorescence spectroscopy
A MYTHEN2 X detector system consists of one to four MYTHEN2 X detector modules (1K or 1D), a Detector Control System (DCS4), a power supply, connecting cables, software to control the detector, and documentation.